November Quilting


November saw us celebrating Myrtle's birthday with a home-made Red Velvet cake - baked by Cheryl! Happy Birthday Myrtle!





Carmen was working hand stitching on a Christmas quilt - A to Z of Christmas. Very lovely!





 More of my Splendid Sampler blocks - I'm still about 30 blocks behind - yikes!



Cheryl was working on putting together her Block of the Month quilt - love the blue with the black and white!




A charity quilt top being worked on by Judy - I believe Cheryl put these kits together to make quilt tops. 


And Myrtle's table runner is coming together very nicely! 



This lovely quilt was made by Jane! It was made from one Layer Cake - a package for approximately 40 ten-inch squares of a fabric line. This is a lovely winter-themed fabric!



I had run across a tutorial for a lovely decoration called a Scandinavian Star - here are a few of mine:



And so, of course, I wanted to share with the group - it's hard to see, but Carmen is showing her star while Judy and Karen work on their stars.



 Jane got the hang of it! 



I can't quite remember the name of this tote/purse, but Faye #2 did a lovely job - her fabric looks (to me anyway) like brocade but it is cotton. Very nice!



 Faye #1 is working on a twisty triangle Christmas tree!



This candle mat is from a pattern I purchased on line from Thimble Arts - here is a link to their website, just click HERE  and go to the Patterns section. The instantly downloadable PDF is just $2.00 - and the pattern is easy to follow with colour photos. 



Here it is with a candle - I like it!



And here are a couple of English paper-pieced decorations I made, the one one the left reverses to a striped print and ....



...the one on the right reverses to a snowman print. 



And here is Darlene with two of the tote bag/purses that she made. I think the blue/green one is gorgeous - not that's there's anything wrong with the brown one, I just like blue! 


So that rounds out our quilting experiences for this year. Our next get-together will be our Christmas pot-luck hosted by Judy this year. I'll post pictures of that in a few weeks. 

Take care and I hope that you get all your Christmas quilting projects completed! 

Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment