November quilting days - Part 1

 The Minion madness continues!  Faye 2 received this inflatable Minion from one of her grandchildren and brought it to quilting. How cute is he?



Here is Jane working hard as usual! 



Carole is working on a new table topper - more to follow later in the blog!



This is a kit Faye 2 bought from Connecting Threads - I believe that Faye 1 bought the same kit. It is a panel with borders and a light set. It is refreshing to see a Christmas kit in these lovely blue colours!



This is Faye 2's lovely completed quilt top - and she very generously donated to the Patchwork Network Quilters - and Cheryl, who is in charge of Charity Quilt Distribution in our large guild, is going to have to long-arm quilted and donate it to the Make A Wish Foundation. One young person is going to be very happy to be the recipient of this quilt - that you Faye!!!



Here's Myrtle working on some of her block-of-the-month blocks. Those who are working on the bom quilt are going to have beautiful quilts - the finished blocks make me wish I had joined in but the massive amount of work to piece the blocks makes me happy that I didn't!



Carmen is working on a large, lovely, hand-needle-turn-appliqued quilt - such patience!



Faye is thinking .... very hard ..... about her block-of-the month!



And the thinking continues with Carole .....



I made some bibs for my new great-niece - I love making bibs and this time I used terry cloth for the backing.



This is the two-hour basket - the tutorial is on line. 



And this is two rows of my hopefully soon-to-be 5 row Trees Up, Lights On quilt. I quilted each block separately and then joined the finished, quilted blocks together.



This is one of Judy's completed blocks for the Quilts of Valour project at our large guild. Very nice!



This is one of Faye 2's bom blocks .... very nice!



And these are Jane's blocks (I think!) - made for Charity blocks for our large guild. The before and after blocks show the transformation a simple blocks goes through to become a complex looking block!



Here is Jane with a finished block - what a great design!



This is Cheryl's finished Piece of Cake quilt top with borders - very colourful!!




That's all for now - stay tuned for November, Part Two!

Bev















No comments:

Post a Comment