Welcome to our blog!


We are a group of quilters from the Sherwood Park, Alberta area who enjoy getting together to share our quilting abilities and experiences. We enjoy meeting at twice monthly to work on our individual projects and share in our progress.

We all enjoyed our annual Christmas pot-luck get together in December graciously hosted by Cheryl at her lovely home. As usual there was lots of food and fun; we played strip poker for fabric strips and had a gift exchange. Louise surprised us all with these beautiful Christmas tissue box covers! She made one for each of us while she was in Palm Springs and I love mine; I can certainly see an opportunity to make some of these with all kinds of seasonal fabric - Valentines, Halloween, Back-to-school - or your favorite everyday fabric to match the décor in your kitchen,  bedroom or bathroom.



I have some Lori Holt Bake Sale fabric that I bought at the Riley Blake Fabric Fest last September in Las Vegas and I think it would make an ideal cover for tissue box in my kitchen. Isn't this gorgeous fabric?


I found a few tutorials on line for the tissue box covers and I like this one at sew/4home.com; Extra Large Tissue Box Cover

In January, I made some Personal Pin Cushions using a tutorial I found at instructables.com Personal Pin Cushion Ring It was so fast, easy and fun to boot; I used some of the bits and pieces of 'sewing' fabric that I have had for years and some measuring tape ribbon that I purchased last fall in Bellingham, WA. I have a tendency to put store pins in my mouth when I remove them as I'm sewing (a very bad habit!) so I think I will be putting this mini pin cushion to good use.
 

 
Well, that's all for now, thanks for stopping by!
 
 
Bev


1 comment: